Saturday, December 10, 2005

"Hark how the bells, sweet silver bells...."

That time is upon us! Today I had a 10-2 practice with Living Word--my vocal group at school--it went really well...we really were able to accomplish a lot. We have 3 more practices until our 1st performance ever!!!!! Please pray for us...Wednesday night we are singing at a church in town. Then Thursday night is our school's performance....needless to say...I'm STRESSING!! majorly! Of course...ya'll know me...that is nothing new.

I hope everyone is having a great month of December...it is hard to believe we are once again celebrating Christmas...it literally seems like yesterday school was starting. My how times flies...it is hard to believe that it has been 2 years if not longer since I've seen some of you! I'm not really going to comment on that because I'll only end up getting mad. My how thinsgs have changed since the beginning of the year and since this time last year...some changes for the good some...well...for the bad...but you have to roll with the punches and remember that God is in control....I've been clinging to Proverbs 3:4-5 so much lately...it is either cling to God or cry constantly and give up....I've chosen to cling to God but sometimes the tears still fall....He never said life was going to be easy...He just said to trust me.

Here's a memory...Today I wore my pageant shirt under my NY sweat shirt to practice. I got hot so I took my sweat shirt off and my kids laughed when they saw my "School House Rock" shirt...they were all like "Mrs. Buffington...school house rock?" My response was heck yes! This shirt makes me smile...it brings back soooooo many memories....but I'm so thankful!!!

Thank you to all who are a part of those memories! I love you all!!

7 comments:

Daniel's Mommy said...

Yes, it has been a while since we've seen each other. Since my wedding? We should go to lunch sometime when you're visiting in AL!

hannah/sk's mommy said...

Mandy, could you email me your snail mail address ASAP? It's elizabethjoy21@hotmail.com. Thanks! Good luck on your performances. Our choir musical was/is last night and tonight.

Anonymous said...

Mandy, the holidays can be a difficult time especially when life is not smooth sailing. Just know that there are so many people that love you and care about you! You are a great friend and I hope that I will get to see you in May. As Helen Keller said "Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows." Good luck with your performance and I'm still praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Woohoo- pageant!!! I think we need to re-order some of those wonderful shirts! Mine is starting to get a little ratty looking I've worn it so much. I know it sounds corny, but it just makes me feel good to wear it :-) Thanks for the memory.

Ashley Smith ~ The Primary Source said...

I agree about the re-order...mine is looking so sad, but I can't get rid of it...I love it!! I actually ran across som pageant rehearsal pics the other day! Fun times!

Anonymous said...

How did the concert go?

Melissa said...

Schoolhouse Rock. Ahh the memories...me getting voted into a corner because I didn't feel well. awesome. Katrina Jett threatening to quit. Judson girls not wearing bras that should have. classic. Ahh...pageant. Oh how I miss it. LOL.