Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Christmas Eve

Good morning to all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful Christmas Eve! It is hard to believe that Christmas is almost here....Within a day...it seems like yesterday it was summer time and school was just starting...I guess it is a sign that I'm getting old since time is flying by now...I can remember when I was little Christmas never seemed to get here. But now it is quite the opposite. Sign of old age? I would have some younger friends that would agree with me there. :)

This Christmas is going to be different. My sister, brother-in-law, and nephew aren't coming to my parents house until Monday...which means the "Thompson" side of the family isn't having their Christmas until Monday lunch....it used to always be on Christmas! This year Blake, Anna Katherine (Blake's g/f), Ginny, Justin, and I can't watch "A Christmas Story" while we eat. It won't be on tv on Monday :( So I guess I am stuck watching the 24 hour marathon by myself. Sadness. But I am thankful that we are all going to be together again. In the words of my pastor..."It won't always be like this." And this year I'm thankful that we are all going to be together even if it is a day after Christmas. My mom's side of the family is having their get-together on New Year's Day! I'm excited about that one. Lots of my cousins will be there...so we will have a good time! Then it is back to cajunville for me. School resumes on the 3rd and I haven't done any of my school work yet....which is where you will find me this afternoon....working on school "crap" as I like to refer to it...but it must be done. They just can't come back and not do anything especially when we have midterms coming up! Oh well! Even though it is Christmas life still continues!

As I am sitting here typing and rambling I remember last Christmas Eve...this time last year I was helping to pass out presents to homeless people in Monroe in the below freezing weather....and this year I'm sitting in my parent's house all nice and warm typing on a computer! Changes.

I am wondering what 2006 will bring....I pray that it will bring happiness and peace and most importantly answers to some questions I've had lately....I also pray that it will bring even more changes. 2005 has definitely been an interesting year...one that I don't think I will ever be able to forget no matter how hard I try! But I have to remember Romans 8:28..."For ALL things work together for the GOOD of those who LOVE God." That verse has given me strength--just to know that God is in control and everything will eventually work out even if it doesn't feel that way right now...okay enough of my ramblings! I pray that everyone have a very merry Christmas and a wonderful New Years!

No comments: